Go Green With These Springtime Plumbing Tips
We’re all spending more time cooped up indoors this spring, in an effort to keep ourselves, our families, and our entire community safe and healthy during the global COVID-19 pandemic. Now more than ever, we relish the chance to get outside and enjoy the budding trees and blooming flowers that cover our landscape this time of year.
Here at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, leading emergency plumbers serving Bristol, PA, and the surrounding region, spring gives us a renewed appreciation for the environment. We can all do our part to make the world a better place, and it doesn’t even take a whole lot of extra effort.
Here are some adjustments you can make in your plumbing system to “green” up your home this season.
- Low-Flow Fixtures — Replace old faucets and showerheads with newer models that are specifically designed to modulate the flow of water.
- Dual Flush Toilets — With two different flushing options — one for liquid, one for solid waste — these toilets conserve water by ensuring the right amount is used each time.
- Energy Efficient Appliances — Washing machines and dishwashers lose efficiency as they age, especially if your home has hard water, and can require more than one cycle to properly clean clothes/dishes.
- Tankless Water Heater — Perhaps one of the best plumbing upgrades a homeowner can make is going from a traditional tank water heater to an on-demand, or tankless, system. Modern tankless water heaters provide an unlimited supply of hot water while minimizing waste and conserving energy.
- Water Treatment — Hard water can wreak havoc on a plumbing system, reducing the efficiency and lifespan of appliances. Installing a whole-home water conditioning or filtration system can solve hard water problems and make tap water taste great.
- Plumbing Maintenance — Spring is a great time to schedule professional plumbing maintenance, as a trained plumber will be able to identify leaks in your piping, clogs in your drains, problems with your water heater, or any other plumbing issues that could be wasting water and putting your family at risk.
You don’t even have to invest in appliance upgrades to run a more eco-friendly household. You can tweak your water usage habits in simple ways. We’ve listed a few ideas in this infographic.
Be good to your home and Mother Earth this spring by calling Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to schedule a seasonal plumbing check-up or to inquire about our water purification solutions for homeowners throughout Bucks and Montgomery Counties.