DON’T LET YOUR WATER FOOL YOU!
We often take the quality of our water for granted. Just because it may come to your home as safe or portable does not mean it is optimal. Optimal water will allow your home to operate as it should. Optimal water is free of hardness minerals (calcium & magnesium), chlorine/chloramines, iron and other bad tastes and odors. An installed water conditioning system in your home is an easy and affordable way to ensure optimal water and protect the investment you have in your home.
- Bala Cynwyd
- Upper Darby
Chlorine reacts with organics to produce disinfection byproducts such as trihalomethanes (THMs) which are known to be cancer-causing agents.
Chlorine is a strong oxidant that quickly destroys plastic and rubber components such as rubber seals and gaskets in appliances and plumbing fixtures causing leaks.
The World Health Organization states, “Risks to health from these by-products are extremely small in comparison with the risks associated with inadequate disinfection.”
But why take any risk? Once water arrives safely at the home, there is no further need for chlorine.
These by-products, as well as the bad taste and odor of chlorine, can effectively be reduced with a carbon water filtration system installed right in your home.
Hard Water Costs You Money!
- Lower water heating costs up to $100/year
- Cut soap & cleaning product use by 50% & save as much as $90/year
- Damage to fabric can cost as much as $200/year
- Damage to plumbing & appliances can cost as much as $90/year
Enjoy Luxurious Soft Water
- Silky, shiny hair
- Soft, supple skin
- Spot-free glasses & dishware
- Brighter whites & vibrant colors
- Easier cleaning. No soap scum or rings
- Use less soap & detergent
Private water supplies often have a variety of water issues. The most common problems are the presence of iron, sulfur and hydrogen sulfide which can cause costly damage throughout your home.
Rotten Egg Smell?
If your water has a rotten egg odor, does it come from both your hot and cold water? If so you may have a hydrogen sulfide problem. If it is just in your hot water, the smell may be due to the anode rod in your water heater. HS2 is also corrosive to metal / tarnishes silver and may cause black staining on fixtures.
Iron Can Be Costly
- Red/orange staining in toilet bowls, sinks or on laundry
- Metallic taste or musty odor
- Stringy/slimy reddish orange growth build-up in water closet of toilet (bacterial iron)
What’s in Your Water?
If you are on a municipal water supply, your plumber may already know many things about your water quality. If you are on a private well, water testing is required. Water testing can easily be done on-site or samples can be sent to a lab.
Basic water testing is done for the following:
- Chlorine & Chloramines
- Water Testing
- Total Dissolved Solids
- Tannins (Organic Color)
Water Treatment Facts:
- In 2015, 91% of the world’s population had access to an improved drinking-water source, compared with 76% in 1990.
- 6 billion people have gained access to an improved drinking-water source since 1990.
- 2 billion people now get water through a piped connection; 2.4 billion access water through other improved sources including public taps, protected wells and boreholes.
- 663 million people rely on unimproved sources, including 159 million dependent on surface water.
- Globally, at least 1.8 billion people use a drinking-water source contaminated with feces.
- Contaminated water can transmit diseases such diarrhea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid and polio. Contaminated drinking water is estimated to cause 502 000 diarrhoeal deaths each year.
- By 2025, half of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas.
- In low- and middle-income countries, 38% of health care facilities lack improved water source, 19% do not have improved sanitation and 35% lack water and soap for handwashing.
In 2010, the UN General Assembly recognized the every human has the right to clean water and sanitation. Everyone has the right to sufficient, continuous, safe, acceptable, physically accessible and affordable water for personal and domestic use.
Reach Out Today
We at Ben Franklin Levittown value our customers and make it a priority to offer reliable and efficient water treatment services. Our technicians always arrive on time, but we will pay you $5 for every minute they are late and will pay as much as $300!
Any interested parties in emergency plumbing repair or water heater repair services located in Levittown, Newtown, Yardley, Bala Cynwyd, Abington, Upper Darby, Montgomery and Bucks County, PA, are encouraged to check out our website at https://www.benfranklinplumbingpa.com/ or give us a call at (267)-202-0647.